Can YOU Fund It? This page tells you about how you may fund your transactions.
Think that only big powerhouses, like Donald Trump can fund real estate deals? You can too. You can do so with:
- Other people's money (hard or private lenders)
- Other people's credit
- Tying up a contract in lease/option for less than $100, and selling the note
- Using your retirement account, or that of someone you know
- Equity: HELOCs, Home Equity Loans, Cash-out ReFis
- Many others!
Wait? Are we saying you can use your retirement account, now, for real estate investing? It is possible, in most cases (although there are some exceptions). You would roll over your account into a self-directing account, under a custodian that allows it, or even a solo 401k, and you can be on your way!
A: That depends on if you have a self-directed IRA [SDIRA], solo 401k, or some other combination of accounts. With few exceptions your account gives you unlimited investment options including:
- Real Estate
- Private Stock Offerings
- Limited Liability Companies
- Trust Deeds
- Tax Lien Certificates
- Future Trading
- Commercial Paper
- Limited Partnerships
- Unsecured Loans
- Secured Loans
- Mortgage Notes
- US Treasury Gold & Silver Coins